Cleanmem

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
hackerz14
Level 2
Level 2

Cleanmem

Post by hackerz14 »

i am currently using cleanmem by pcwintech... set it to clean memory every one minute with no file cache cleaning and it clean the memory and the file cache every 10 minutes does it have any effect on Fancy cache?
Mradr
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Cleanmem

Post by Mradr »

Idk.. try it and see?

Best from what I understand how those memory free-rs programs work is that it pushes the memory in ram into page files on the disk. FC is a driver/program... so the memory should be safe, but it might in turn hurt the speed at watch FC will run as it has to repull the memory out of the page files that are located on the disk (so the data has to read 2 times instead of once).

Even the Auto Clean File cache should be fine also. What that is-is that windows caches files to be loaded faster. Even on imanges it saves a cache copy beside the orginal to be loaded faster. For example, the icons or the mini imanges you see when you look at a folder are just a cache version of what the data is. By clearing that out, you save disk space and maybe a bit of ram. Again, it shouldn't hurt FC from what I see.