hibernation

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
ringram
Level 3
Level 3

hibernation

Post by ringram »

Hi there,
I had had some good experience so far in using the ram cache L1 and look forward to seeing the next version which will hopefully include a persistent L2 SSD cache.

I have noticed hibernation recovery seems to take a considerable amount of time, I presume that the cache is also written to disk along with OS ram.
I think this should be able to be kept as an option, so that the L1 cache can be discarded on hibernation.
Also perhaps an option if the cache is to be discarded that all deferred writes are written prior to hibernation.

Im not sure if this is possible or not..?

Im using fancycache with an external iscsi nas running on freenas and it seems to work pretty well.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: hibernation

Post by Support »

How much memory do you use for L1 Cache? And do you enable Defer-Write or L2 Cache?

Before hibernation, FancyCache flushes all deferred write data if Defer-Write is enabled. This may cost some time.
ringram
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ringram »

Thanks L1 cache was 2Gb, no L2.
It seems intermittent as it took ages again today. But sometimes it recovers fast.
Cache is set to read/write

Ill try some other things and see how it goes.
woothela
Level 1
Level 1

Post by woothela »

How to get asus k50ip laptop off hibernation mode without turning on and off? The laptop goes into hibernation mode when the power gets to low, I plug the cord in and then I was wondering whether it was possible to get out of hibernation without pressing the power button (to turn laptop off). I tried opening and closing lid but that doesn't work :) Is there any buttons I can press?
Last edited by woothela on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

woothela wrote:How to get asus k50ip laptop off hibernation mode without turning on and off? The laptop goes into hibernation mode when the power gets to low, I plug the cord in and then I was wondering whether it was possible to get out of hibernation without pressing the power button (to turn laptop off). I tried opening and closing lid but that doesn't work Is there any buttons I can press?
I think this post is a little off topic, but perhaps you may check your power options in Windows Control Panel.
igennie5
Level 1
Level 1

Post by igennie5 »

It will depends on the size of the L1 cache,if the size is large then it will takes less time for the OS to load on the RAM and the less time in going to hibernation.