invisible memory

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
michaelleewebb
Level 1
Level 1

invisible memory

Post by michaelleewebb »

i have a fujitsu st5112 tablet computer, dual core 1.2 gig processer intel 945 graphics and chip set. 4 gig of memory. i read somewhere on the site the the 945 and older chip set does not support pae. in win7, when i right click on computer, and select propertys, then advance tab. then press the performance button, then data excution prevention tab . the computer tells me that "your computeres processor supports hardware-based dep. my understanding is that dep requires pae to work. i have dep enabled. having said all of this i still can't get the invisible memory to work. everytime it locks up. video is set to 225 of uma, i don't know where it gets it from. i wondering if someone could help me set up.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: invisible memory

Post by Support »

Hi michaelleewebb,

Intel 945 chipset cannot support Invisible Memory. The chipset physically only has 32 address lines, leading to access only 4GB memory. And the PCI/PCI-e memory map takes about 1GB address space. So you may only about 3GB memory for use.
michaelleewebb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: invisible memory

Post by michaelleewebb »

okay, thanks. went ahead and setup a cache using regular memory, still trying out the program, just wished i could have used the invisible mem.