Turbo Memory use under XP

Report bugs or suggestions around VSuite Ramdisk
GRodesch
Level 1
Level 1

Turbo Memory use under XP

Post by GRodesch »

Hello-

As one of the many people using XP for work still, would it be possible to expand your program to use the Intel Turbo Memory as a ram drive?

This is sitting idle in XP machines, just like the memory above 4GB was until your program came around.

I am a heavy CAM/CAM user and have 8GB of ram in a Dell M6300 under XP Pro. I have a 4GB ram drive for a page file, and the remaining ~600MB as a temporary working file area ram drive.

You program allows me to have VeriCut, NX7, and other utuility programs all running at once on large files and humming away. This would have previously caused merciless hard drive thrashing with swap files. Kudos.

Thanks for your work.

-Greg
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Turbo Memory use under XP

Post by Support »

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The Intel Turbo Memory shall be supported by OS itself like Vista/Win7 via Readyboost/ReadyDrive. we are sorry that currently we don't have plans to support it since XP is a "dying" OS.

Best Regards.
GRodesch
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Turbo Memory use under XP

Post by GRodesch »

I will have to make the jump to Windows 7 and the 64 bit world. I just wanted to skip Vista (a horrifying piece of code), and let Windows 7 get to service pack 1 and stabilize a bit.

Thanks.