VSC file stored on ramdisk, retrieve from sys after restart?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Abel
Level 1
Level 1

VSC file stored on ramdisk, retrieve from sys after restart?

Post by Abel »

Using a ramdisk without giving it too much thought can have horrific effects: I placed APPDATA on the RAMDISK. When I shut down my system, it took more than 4 hours (!) to write the SYS file and I decided to hard-reboot.

After restart I found out that VSuite didn't contain any configurations anymore. The file containing the configuration VSC file was on the RAMDISK in the APPDATA folder and the (possibly corrupted) RAMDISK physical backup file could not be accessed. I have a trial license and am willing to pay for a proper license, but only if I can restore my files. Can you confirm that if I install a license that I can access the RAMDISK SYS file again?

Please send me a notification email by hand, because the auto-notification feature for this site is not working (I checked my spam folder).
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: VSC file stored on ramdisk, retrieve from sys after rest

Post by Support »

Have sent an email to you. please check.
Thank you.
Abel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Abel »

I checked, but only notification from this forum has come into my inbox. I checked the spam-folders and nothing there either... Can you retry sending it? The record on file for this forum is the correct record for sending mail to.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

sent a PM to you. please check.