My lvl2 cache is lost each time my system is shut down, but retained during reboots.

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
TheJoe
Level 1
Level 1

My lvl2 cache is lost each time my system is shut down, but retained during reboots.

Post by TheJoe »

Hello everyone, I have a few drives set up to cache. Level 2 cache is 238gigs of NVME drive. Last night I had two games that both reported over 99% cache hit rate, but this morning I booted the computer up and the level 2 cache reported 238gigs out of 238gigs free.

Im new to this, am I missing something simple?
TheJoe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My lvl2 cache is lost each time my system is shut down, but retained during reboots.

Post by TheJoe »

Reading into this further it looks like this might be the result of a spanned partition using MS Disk Management. I think my Bios can do some kind of Raid management so I will look into that and report back.
TheJoe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My lvl2 cache is lost each time my system is shut down, but retained during reboots.

Post by TheJoe »

Ok, so I partitioned my Lvl2 Cache SSD and set up the spanned drive to Lvl2 cache onto one partition and a different drive to cache onto a separate partition and set two separate Cache Tasks.

This was to test if the spanned drive was the issue. This did not prove to be the issue, I still found my lvl2 cache blanked on each reboot.

I have now turned off Windows "Fast Boot" and I think this may have solved the issue. I will continue testing and report back.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Some crack versions will cause L2 cache reset on shutdown/reboot. Please make sure that you didn't try any cracked version before.
Otherwise the issue might be related to specific hardware components. Since the reboot has no problem, turning off the FastStartup shall be a workaround.