Photostudio Use L2 SSD + HDD Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
TPX
Level 1
Level 1

Photostudio Use L2 SSD + HDD

Post by TPX »

Hi,

i wanted to ask if it's possible to create an L2 that will have the data written available for reading right now.

So I export raw images to jpeg with my software and want to edit them right after.

Is the data immediately available in the L2 or is it first written to the HDD and then available?

I have thought of a kind of Hybit Auto Tiering, where the data in the L2 are ready to read and write and come as a copy from the HDD. Whereby the L2 contains the currently written and often used data.

For easier understanding.

L2 (SSD) is for reading and writing. Just written data are on L2 (for immediate reading) and HDD. Data that are often used are on L2 and HDD but are read from L2.

I want to be able to write and read on L2 (SSD), but I also want the security and size of the HDD.

A backup also exists of course.

Greets
TPX
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Photostudio Use L2 SSD + HDD

Post by Support »

Yes, it is available. By default, L2 is set for read cache only. However, you can set up write cache space for L2 in L2 advanced option dialog.
When write-data is in cache space, it is immediately available for read.
TPX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TPX »

Wow thats awesome!

Thx for Answer.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hoyos wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:04 pm Does changing the write cache space like that mess up with anything else or can we all do it without issues?
You can change it freely and shall not cause problems.