Kernel component is not running

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
helloguys
Level 1
Level 1

Kernel component is not running

Post by helloguys »

I just purchased PrimoCache today. When run the program, I got message "Kernel component is not running! If you haven't restart the computer since installation, you shall restart it.".

Of course I restarted the computer. I also tried to uninstall/restart the computer/reinstall/restart the computer. Same error. I searched the forum and saw this is a pretty common error, but no known solutions.

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Edition x64 Version 1802 (OS Build 17134.167) on Lenovo ThinkPad P50. Can you please help me fix this problem? Thank you!
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kernel component is not running

Post by Jaga »

When you installed, were you logged in with Administrator rights? Is Windows 10 fully activated (no Activate now message)? Have you tried deactivating anti-virus permanently until install+reboot is finished, then reactivating it?
Mercedes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mercedes »

Same here, running on W10 Professional Build 17666.rs_prerelease.180504-1501.

I have tried reinstalling as Adminstrator, activating, but no joy.

It seems that many people are experiencing this problem and having purchased a licence for the program, I am frustrated that I cannot use it.

Please can support give some feedback and more importantly a solution?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

Two places to get support without waiting for a reply here..
Mercedes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mercedes »

Many thanks Jaga! ;)
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Usually this problem is caused by following four reasons.

1. Using an unofficial version or used it before, and the trial period has expired. If you didn't install an unofficial version before, just skip this step. Otherwise you may check if there are any unexpected scripts running at computer startup/shutdown by following steps.
a. Open GPE by entering "gpedit.msc" (no quotes) into the Run dialog (Win+R).
b. In the left panel, select "Windows Settings" under "Computer Configuration."
c. Double-click "Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)" in the right panel.
d. Double-click "Startup" and "Shutdown", and check if there are any scripts.
e. In the left panel, select "Windows Settings" under "User Configuration."
f. Double-click "Scripts (Logon/Logoff)" in the right panel.
g. Double-click "Logon" and "Logoff", and check if there are any scripts.

2. Some antivirus software, like 360 Total Security or 360 antivirus, might block the PrimoCache kernel drivers (Windows\system32\drivers\rxfcv.sys and rxbsknl.sys). You may need to put these drivers into whitelists.

3. The PrimoCache drivers' signatures might not be updated to latest Windows 10 version. We'll update them soon. At the moment you may disable the secure boot in computer BIOS settings and then install PrimoCache again to see if it can work.

4. PrimoCache kernel driver detects an error. PrimoCache will log an event indicating the error cause. You may check Windows Events and see if there were any events from the source "FancyCcV".

Hope these help.
Thanks.