System Mechanic Crash Log Topic is solved

Found a bug? Report here
Positron
Level 1
Level 1

System Mechanic Crash Log

Post by Positron »

PrimoCache version:
3.0.2 Trial (I plan to purchase as soon as testing is complete)

Cache Settings:
To be honest, I sort of guessed at the best configuration.
On my largest program I see a reduction in load times from 25 seconds to 15 seconds.

Windows OS:
Windows 10 Pro x64 (Latest Updated Version)

Hardware Information (CPU/Motherboard/Memory/Harddisks):
Intel i5-4690K / Asus Z97-AR / 16GB Crucial Ballistic Sport
C:\ 400GB Intel 750 PCIe - Windows with L:\ 25GB partition for Level 2 storage
D:\ 3TB WD Red - Data
E:\ 4TB WD Re Gold - Backup
G:\ 500GB Crucial MX100 - Games
S:\ 500GB Samsung 850 EVO - Steam

Description:

Ever since I installed PrimoCache, System Mechanic ver 18.0.1.391 detects it is crashing.
Other wise it seems to work well, except for these constant pop up warnings from System Mechanic.
Maybe it's a System Mechanic issue?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: System Mechanic Crash Log

Post by Jaga »

I'd uninstall System Mechanic. Been using Primocache for ~5-6 years now, it never crashes. It's a kernel-level piece of software, so if it *did* crash, the system would bluescreen along with it. System Mechanic is not being honest with you.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

if I remember right, System Mechanic does have disk driver filter (defrag tool) which could interfere with Primocache driver. Try disabling it and see what happen. Also running the registry cleaner after installing Primocache could remove the necessary entry.

I have bad experience with Sys Mech in the past.
Positron
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Positron »

Thanks for the input.
I turned off a few settings in System Mechanic that were redundant with PrimoCache. Like AccelerWrite and Defrag System drive which isn't used anyway.

I don't need Sys Mech but I like it as a reminder to do general maintenance and registry clean up in a 'one stop shopping' kind of situation. It is also useful for doing things that are over my head like configuring optimal network connection settings or flushing memory before doing something demanding. Sys Mech reported Low Memory so I reduced the L1 Primo Cache from 4GB to 2GB out of my 16GB. Now I am using about 8GB at idle.

edit: These latest changes did the trick. No more false alarms!
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

so if you want a smart maintenance of your pc, I use ccleaner pro /w smartclean and diskeeper 2018 pro. I been using this combo for the past 5 years without a problem with primocache. Safe and simple is the best route.