Preventing data loss with Dual Boot Windows 7

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Popeye
Level 1
Level 1

Preventing data loss with Dual Boot Windows 7

Post by Popeye »

I hope someone can help with my PrimoCache set up.
I have been using PrimoCache for years without a problem, but recently have had files disappearing from discs accessed between my dual boot partitions.
My setup: dual boot Windows 7 64 bit. I use one boot partition exclusively for editing video. The other one is used for general office work. I have noticed that files created from within the video system disappear once I reboot into my office partition. This was caused by the fact that I had not checked the volatile contents option in PrimoCache. I have PrimoCache configured to use L2 Caching only on a fast SSD with the office version of Windows. I have Fancycache installed on the video edit partition using a different SSD for the L2 caching.

Ideally what I want to set up is a PrimoCache installation under each boot option using the same L2 cache that is non-volatile. In other words, no matter which system I boot, it can preload the same L2 cache so that there are never any out of sync issues between the two boot options. Since each boot option uses the same discs and the same drive letters, I think this should be possible.

I have two questions, 1. Is it possible to configure two PrimoCache installations to use the same L2 cache that is nonvolatile. And secondly do I need to have a second licence to achieve this? (I have no problem paying for a second licence if it can work as I need it to)
Thank you in advance,
Rick
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Preventing data loss with Dual Boot Windows 7

Post by Support »

Popeye wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am 1. Is it possible to configure two PrimoCache installations to use the same L2 cache that is nonvolatile.
Sorry, so far this is not supported.
Popeye wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am do I need to have a second licence to achieve this?
On the same physical machine, you only need one license and can use it on multiple systems which are installed in the same machine.

PS. a license for FancyCache is also able to activate PrimoCache.