Ignoresync not working

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Level 5

Ignoresync not working

Post by points »

I have described a special scenario here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4803

As stated, the L2 storage gets wiped on every shutdown / reboot.

I tried preserving it using the ignoresync switch, but this did not help. So either ignoresync does not work or the L2 cache is not preserved for other reasons.
How do I preserve it between restarts?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ignoresync not working

Post by Support »

In your scenario, the virtual disk is detached before shutdown/reboot, and PrimoCache will not use its cache content at next boot because its data might be out of sync with source data. This is because Windows may update/rewrite source data after the cache disk is detached but PrimoCache has no chance to update cache data as the disk has been detached.
Level 5

Post by points »

@support: That's what I thought. But isn't this exactly what the ignoresync function is for?
So why does PC not ignore that it might be out of sync when I enable ignoresync?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

It's different. The ignoresync function is only for the case of unexpected computer shutdown.
Level 5

Post by points »

support wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:28 am It's different. The ignoresync function is only for the case of unexpected computer shutdown.
I see. Then I'll uphold my suggestion to natively support caching on virtual disks. That would mean PC to control attaching and detaching of virtual disks as needed and maybe perform some integrity checks to ensure sync status.
This would be much more convenient than providing dedicadet partitions for PC.