Post by arfgh »

i never use anti virus.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Strange problem 5.6.0 Server

Post by InquiringMind »

arfgh wrote:i never use anti virus.
Then I very much hope you are using some sort of security software (e.g. process control) to protect your system, otherwise there could be dozens or hundreds of uninvited guests on your system causing problems.

One thing to try is to see if the delays occur when using an alternative to Windows Explorer like Total Commander or Free Commander. If these seem to work OK (with the delay only happening with Windows Explorer), then the cause is most likely related to an addon to Explorer on your system (anything that alters Explorer's functionality, like adding entries to its right-click menu). In such a case, running a utility like Hijack This! (read the instructions here first) and reviewing the scan results (section O21 is likely to be the most important in your case) may provide some information about what could be happening on your system.

If the problem isn't limited to Windows Explorer, then could you please check if you are using any links or junctions involving Windows system folders on your ramdisk? (this might cause issues with 64-bit folder redirection or Windows' Patchguard). Also, please check if you are using NTFS compression on the ramdisk - try disabling it if you are.