Secure Boot Question Win2016/Win2019

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
marcoseguracr
Level 1
Level 1

Secure Boot Question Win2016/Win2019

Post by marcoseguracr »

Hi,

I was checking your software and word very well, I have some question related to, here is my infrastructure:

1- I have some servers with SECURE BOOT enabled (physicals). Those servers are HPE DL380 Gen10 - Win2019 Fully patched and updated, with all the Intel registry enabled to avoid issues.
2- Both Servers have "Secure Boot" feature enabled from UEFI.
3- We use a MSA-2050 SAN (we have cached disk SSD inside the SAN)

Here my question:

I was reading in you forum that you recommends disabled SECURE BOOT because we can get BSOD, is that true or fixed?

In case of VMs, I saw in forum you recommends depending of load install inside of VMs the software to gain better performance, and avoid disk reads on physicals. (we use Hyper-V)

I know those are basic question but I not get any good answer recently about this, and since 2019 is my OS, will be good to know more about this until take a decision.

I saw very good feedback, setups and tuning from other users and check your guides, once you answer these question and can go ahead and test in PROD.

Regards,

:geek:
Marco
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Secure Boot Question Win2016/Win2019

Post by Support »

Thank you for your interest in our products!
The Secure Boot issue had already been fixed before. There shall be no problem on Win2019 version 1809 with Secure Boot enabled. However, I still recommend that you test it first before you deploy the system to the PROD environment.